Early stage business seeks entrepreneurial Head Chef / Meal Designer
message posted 12-Mar-15 14:09:38
FeedMe Enterprises Limited
FeedMe is seeking to recruit an experienced and entrepreneurial Head Chef/Meal Designer to create recipes for meals and manage a team of chefs for an exciting new food e-commerce company.
FeedMe is an innovative and highly scalable business in the on-line food and groceries sector, billed as the “next frontier of e-commerce”.
The company is currently in its start up phase, and as such this opportunity is best suited to a chef in full-time work. You will initially be expected to provide input on a part-time basis, with the expectation that the role will become full-time in due course.
Role and Responsibilities
• You will be part of a small team that will help to build and execute the rollout of this new business.
• You will have overall responsibly for planning and creation of meal recipes for the business, ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality ingredients, excellent meal taste and experience satisfaction is maintained at times
• You will create meal recipes in your area(s) of culinary expertise
• You will be responsible for recruiting, managing and maintaining standards of other chefs across a number of cuisines that will contribute recipes to the company’s broad choice of meal offerings
• You will be responsible for providing health and dietary information on the meals created
• You will assist with sourcing high quality ingredients
• You will assist with meal costing and budgeting
• You will assist in the design of simple cooking instructions
• You be responsible for managing all aspects of food hygiene and safety
• You will oversee ingredient ordering, stocktaking and budgetary control against agreed budgets
What kind chef are we looking for?
• Passionate about great food, exquisite taste, and excellent service delivery
• Entrepreneurial, visionary, having inner drive for success
• Must be able to demonstrate a significant level of culinary experience
• Team player, able to motivate and develop other chefs in the team
• Experience in sourcing high quality ingredients
• Financially astute with regards to food costing and margin management
• Highly articulate and having good presentation skills
• Meticulous about food safety and hygiene
Opportunity to own equity in the business
This role will enable the successful candidate to become an equity owner in the business and to share in the rewards of its future success.
How to apply:
Please send a CV and a covering letter including a photograph to email@example.com
Suitable candidates will be invited for an interview. At this point we will share more details of the business plan and roll-out timetable.